Saturday, April 10, 2010

Quick Rant, or: How To Spend A Few Minutes Before Bed

In reading the comments on a CNN article, I saw a lot of democrats bashing republicans, and republicans bashing democrats, each blaming the other for this country's problems and coming up with colorful ways to handle it (I believe someone suggested nuking republicans). Here's a thought:

THEY'RE ALL TO BLAME! EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM!

And I LOVE how they keep saying that the Tea Party and all that disgruntledness (is that a word?) is because Obama is black. It's like, the progressives know his ideas are outrageous, and they know that we know that, but since he is THE MESSIAH, the chosen one, instead of saying "Uhh, Mr. President, that's not such a good idea", they say that anyone who opposes his ideas, plans, and policies wears white robes or swastika armbands. I personally think the KKK and the neo-Nazis are damn fools and idiots. I'm not racist, I JUST DON'T LIKE WHAT HE'S DOING OR PROPOSING!

And I wish they'd stop saying that all this discontent is recent. My irritation at our government started well before Obama was elected. I voted for John Kerry in 2004, and not just because he, as I, was a Navy man.

Just a quick rant before bed. Took me all of 5 minutes to type. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I voted for Kerry, too. And Obama.

    With Obama, I truly thought that maybe getting someone younger in the White House would be good for the country. Fresh ideas instead of the usual antiquated BS. McCain sounded to me like another Bush (no, thank you) and I lost respect for Hillary when she proudly stood by Bill after the Monica thing and his BS "It wasn't sex" garbage. I felt the things Bill said about the Monica thing was demeaning to all women (hey, it's not sex if I put my precious thingie in your mouth). I would have had much more respect for Hillary if she'd left Bill's nasty butt.

    As far as the parties go, I'm like you, blame them both! It's not about what is best for our country or the American people. It's about the PARTY. Well, guess what, I don't give two hoots about the party. I think the parties as we know them should be disbanded. Start them over, give other parties a fighting chance to gain in strength.

    I also think the parties should not be able to give their guys big bucks for campaigning. And there should be a spending cap on campaigns that must be adhered to by all candidates. I think all elected offices should have term limits. Setting 2 term limits would disable the machine; keep our elected officials from becoming big men in Washington that can get away with anything. Either do away with lobbyists, or make campaign donations by lobbyists illegal and acceptance of campaign donations from lobbyists, the big oil companies, etc. by candidates grounds for immediate removal of his/her name from the ballot.

    Ok, gotta get ready to go get Smokey!!

    ReplyDelete